Definition of Respiratory Care:
Respiratory Care is the health care discipline that specializes in the promotion of optimum cardiopulmonary function and health. Respiratory Therapists employ scientific principles to identify, treat and prevent acute or chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system. Knowledge and understanding of the scientific principles underlying cardiopulmonary physiology and pathophysiology, as well as biomedical engineering and technology, enable respiratory therapists to provide patient care services effectively. Taken from the Scope of Practice; American Association for Respiratory Care
The Children's Hospital of Georgia offers the only team of pediatric respiratory therapists in the area and a continuum of care for newborns to young adults up to age 21. The team relies on the most advanced equipment and therapies available. All members are registered respiratory therapists certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PAL) and neonatal resuscitation (NPR).
The Respiratory Therapy team is on call 24/7 and offers:
• Emergency care for children with severe breathing problems, respiratory disease and trauma
• Care for infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and support for the NICU Transport Team
• Care for children in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and support for the PICU Transport Team
• Support for the Pediatric Pulmonary Function Testing Lab and the Asthma and Allergy Outpatient Clinics
• Proven protocols for treating and managing asthma, including patient and family education
• Comprehensive care and education for cystic fibrosis patients and their families
• 24/7 intubation and airway replacement if needed
• Support for the Pediatric Evaluation Teams, which quickly evaluates the condition of any inpatient child
• 24/7 support for high-risk births
• Special therapeutic gases such as nitric oxide and heliox
• Patient Family Centered Care
• Community events and outreach, asthma events and classes
In the last 12 months, the respiratory therapists from the Children’s Hospital of Georgia have administered over 18,000 jet nebulizers, setup almost 1,000 ventilators and transported over 350 children from around the state to our hospital. All of the money raised stays local and goes to our children’s hospital, our department. The money raised will help provide the most advanced respiratory care to our precious little patients.
I hope you will consider supporting my participation in this event. All contributions will benefit my Children's Hospital of Georgia. Any contribution will help, and all donations are tax deductible.
Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click the "Support This Participant" button on this page.
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page!