Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of Jacksonville and 1st Place Sports invite you to join thousands of participants who will help make miracles possible for local kids this December at the 25th Annual Festival of Lights 5K & Family Fun Run. Luminaries will light up the streets of beautiful San Marco as runners and walkers take off during this holiday-themed race. Due to COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our supporters, volunteers and staff. Therefore, entries to this race will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place. For participants who are unable to attend, there is a virtual option. All participants will receive a t-shirt and finisher medal.
Our local children’s hospital need your support now more than ever! COVID-19 has caused a significant loss in funding as resources have been reallocated in order to meet emergency needs. However, they remain on the frontlines of this crisis, while they continue to provide excellent, life-saving care to kids in our community. When you register and fundraise for the Festival of Lights 5K, you will provide UF Health Jacksonville and Wolfson Children’s Hospital with much-needed funding for the purchase of life-saving equipment, telehealth services and resources they need most to care for local kids.
How it works
REGISTER: Join as an individual, as a member of a community or corporate team, or even as a team captain. Whatever you choose, be sure to ask everyone you know to join, too.
RAISE MONEY: Raise money through your fundraising page, social media or the old fashioned way of asking friends and family to help.
RUN OR WALK: Join Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and 1st Place Sports in San Marco Square on Saturday, December 5 or run/walk where you are as a virtual participant
Social Distancing Guidelines
Day-of race participation is limited to 1,500 walkers/runners. Participants will be assigned to waves. Each wave will contain 200 people and be released every five minutes beginning at 6 p.m. The one-mile fun run will be released in one wave at 5:30 p.m.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place during the event.
1. No day of race registration.
2. Day of race packet pickup will be limited. Please adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet. We encourage you to pick up your packet prior to race day.
3. Please wear a mask when you cannot adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. We encourage everyone to wear a mask until you have started the run/walk.
4. Race will be started in waves of 200 people. You will receive your wave assignment in an email.
5. Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
6. The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration. Awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or a 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
7. Bring your own water for if you want to be extra safe. We will have water in bottles at the start, half-way point and at the finish. All water will be in sealed bottles. If you take a water bottle with you, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race or drop off in trash cans at designated drop location.
8. Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
9. If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
10. To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time.
2020 Festival of Lights Schedule
5:00 PM - Check in and limited Holiday Magic Festivities
5:30 PM - One-mile Fun Run
6:00 PM - 5K Waves Begin
Waves will start in groups of 200. Start groups will be socially separated, 10 participants wide. 10 runners are started every five seconds. Each wave will be started in two minute intervals. You will select your wave when you register.
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Thursday, December 3rd from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and Friday, December 4th from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. All packets will be moved to the race site for raceday pick up starting at 4:30 PM.
3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217
San Marco Store:
2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207
Tapestry Park Store:
9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246
Jax Beach Store:
424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250
Custom medals will be awarded to all finishers!
Awards will be presented to the top three men and women overall, the first masters male and female, and three deep in the following male and female age groups: 10 and under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75- 79, and 80+. The awards ceremony will be held in San Marco Square at 7:15 PM. Awards not picked up at the ceremony can be picked up at 1st Place Sports the week after the race.
The 5K and One Mile Fun Run will start on San Marco Blvd., in San Marco Square, south of Interstate 95. The 1 Mile Fun Run will also start on San Marco Blvd and finish at the 5K finish area.
1 Mile Course
1 Mile Fun Run
Medals will be given to all children 13 and under in the one mile fun run. There will also be a Kid’s area with many activities.
Luminary Lit Route
The race will be held at night, and the entire 5K course will be lined with luminaries. There will be a water station at the half way point. All miles and turns will be marked. Digital clocks will be located at each mile.
Register and donate TODAY to put your money where the miracles are!
San Marco Square
Get The Word Out